Subject: Re: Mr problems continued...
From: Mush <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:00:21 +0500

It was on the night of 27-Nov-97, when no creatures were stirring, and all was
silent. Suddenly, Alastair jumped out from behind a rock and wouldnt stop
shouting about "Mr problems continued..." until I was forced to knock them
out:

The compiler manual explains about lts of If/THEN statements, and
reccomends you turn the JUMP fuction to ON.

-> I'm now pretty sure that the problems with Backbone are due to AMOS
-> bugs. Specifically to do with IFs and large variables.

-> One thing I found is I can't define this Dim MAP(200,200,1) when a
-> program is compiled whereas it works fine when interpreted.

-> Thats not a real problem on it's own but in combination with all the
-> others it is.

-> I'm going to go through my program and reduce any Dim's I can and also
-> do something about lots of nested IF, ELSE etc 's.

-> Does anyone know what the SPECIFIC problem is.

-> e.g.
-> Does lots of IF, ELSE IF's do it?
-> Is it just lots of nested IFs, ENDIF's ?

Andrew "Mushroom" Kellett
--
 Email: Andy Kellett <[email-masked]>  Team *AMOS* + IAPA Team *AMIGA*
  alt.religion.amos - AMOS now on usenet! AMOS Mailinglist also mirrored

     World's Largest AMOS Homepages - http://www.mushy-pd.demon.co.uk

         Massive FTP site with AMOS/C64 and Mods/Samples + more at
                            mushy-pd.dyn.ml.org